Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Letting Go

How can I fix it if you won't let me have it?

This was a question I asked my 13 month old daughter when her pretty little hair clip came out of her hair and broke. She loves pretties in her hair and when this one broke, she walked around with it in her hand fretting over it. I kept telling her to give it to me and I will fix it. She kept walking around with it in her hand babbling her baby talk about it. No matter how much I tried to talk her into it, she wouldn't hand it over. Just kept walking, distraught that her pretty wasn't in her hair anymore.

It is funny how over the past 6 years of children that I see God's work played out before my eyes. As if He is saying to me, "See, this is what I've been telling YOU all this time." How many times do we keep tight hold on our problems, our worries, our concerns, and not let God take them and FIX them? Funny how when you see it - and recognize it - right before your eyes, you realize how silly you have been acting all along.

Hadyn finally brought her pretty-pretty to me and I glued it back together and while that one was drying, put another pretty one in her hair. She was happy. And so was I.

Forgive me, Lord, for not letting go when I should and thank you for fixing or working on things that I have let go of.

No comments: