Sunday, December 30, 2007

Gush

I love movies. I love to get lost in a story and try to feel the characters. Since having Hadyn (Hunter is an awesome movie-goer, Hadyn...not so much yet), I haven't gone out to a movie but we do enjoy renting or purchasing good flicks to watch at home. Recently, for Christmas, I was gifted the last Pirates of the Caribbean movie - At World's End. We also rented The Bourne Ultimatum. In both movies, the writers leave us with the unanswered questions about the romances - delayed or possible.

SPOILER ALERT - Skip this if you haven't seen and want to see these movies!!!


In The Bourne Ultimatum, aside from all the cool action and story, there was a suggestion of a possible romance or some kind of relationship between Jason Bourne and Nicky Parsons. Jason asks her why she was helping him and her response was, "It was very hard for me...with you...you really don't remember?" Then at the end of the movie when it was suggested on a newscast that he might have survived, she just smiled. What does that mean??? What does he not remember? See, my mind goes to all sorts of things and I start imagining. It would be nice to have another movie come along and wrap it up all nice and neat for me, but what if the writers don't follow my line of imagining, and all is ruined for me? No, I'll just keep to my own imagination.

Then, in Pirates of the Caribbean -At World's End, it could have been wrapped up so nice and neatly by Captain Jack Sparrow stabbing the heart of Davy Jones and taking his immortal place as captain of the Flying Dutchman, but that isn't quite what happened, is it? I had to ask myself, would I wait 10 years for one day with my love? Being the closet romantic that I am, I would like to believe that I would. Scott and I have been together for almost 15 years, so we would have only had one day so far and still be a little over 5 years from the next day together. Wow! What would you do? That would really tell you if you are with "the one" or not.

Anyway, food for thought from a hopeless romantic...or as Joan Wilder in "Romancing the Stone" said, "no, a hopeful romantic, hopeful."


No comments: