Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Messes

I think I've finally figured it out. I've wondered for some time what my now 13 month old daughter talks about in her crib when she wakes up in the morning. I think I know now.

I can almost hear her making the words in her little speech: "Hmmmm, what can I get into today? What can I break today that I didn't get to yesterday? I don't know, I did a pretty good job of spilling everything on the floor before bed last night. That was pretty funny seeing Mommy just lay down on the floor. Daddy had already checked out from my screaming all evening. I just wanted to make sure they all heard me. Besides, I like the sound of my screaming. I think I'll do it right now and see if they are listening to my plans for the day..."

Yup. That's what she's saying alright. Well, either that or something like "Wow! Another day I get to play with my Mommy all day long with fun games of chase and pick up and tickles and kisses and yesses and nos and good girls and Daddy hugs and time and...."

Yeah, maybe that's it. That's what I'll go with anyway. It'll get me through the day better.

Praise God for my babies!

No comments: