Monday, February 11, 2008

Wrong

I hate being wrong, but yes, I can be, and today I am so miffed because I was yet again wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Scott told me something the other day that he thought was a little weird and in a conversation with a friend, I told her that thing. She was quite justifiably upset by the comment (not that I said it, but where we thought it might have originated from). Scott was shocked that I had passed the comment along and after getting mad at him for questioning me and then thinking (praying) about it, I realized I was wrong. I hate being wrong. But I know that I shouldn't have perpetuated the gossip and to all involved, I apologize and ask forgiveness from my Heavenly Father.

Why would I ask forgiveness for such a seemingly trivial little thing? Well, in the Bible, the book of Romans -chapter 1 talks about the sins of the human race and how God feels about it. One verse actually lists sins:

Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. (Romans 1:29 NLT)

I was shocked when I first read this list. Gossip is listed along with murder??? So, yeah, when I realized what I had done, I asked to be forgiven.

I glad that I live with the Grace of God in my life that for the many, many, many times I am wrong, I know that I can be forgiven when I ask!!

No comments: