Thursday, January 10, 2008

When Did It Go?

I was reading a blog from a friend of mine where she discussed the "vanity" of examining oneself in the mirror for as she termed it, "weird things". I responded to her blog with comment that as I am rapidly approaching a milestone birthday this month, I haven't been looking in the mirror so much for "weird things" as I have been lifting/pulling various areas of skin wondering where, or more to the point, when did it go?

I'm not a bit concerned about wrapping up the last four decades of life and starting the fifth. I have a 6 and 1 year old to keep me busy! Seems like so many moms around me are still in their 20's or 30's with the same age of kids, so I have the company of young moms to keep me younger, too. Besides, I am happy with my life. I love my husband, I adore my children, we have a strong church family, and keep close to relational family, too. I'm happy, but not complacent. I still have things to do. I'm not sure what, yet, but I'll know it when it's time.

You know, I think I do know where my young skin and young beauty went - I'm watching it toddle around my house right now giving her "baby" a bottle. My children have captured my youth and young beauty. Well, they can have it. I'll cherish my mothering years and mommy beauty right now.

To every thing, there is a season.

No comments: